I’ve found time here and there to complete another little vignette. This one features a dead tree, which I haven’t done in a while. As usual, this one is a kind of lesson to be applied in basing minis, as well as a little imaginative refuge in its own right.
The base is 1.5″ square. I like the challenge of telling a story or creating a scene dense in interesting details on a very small scale. Continue reading “Another Base without a Face”
Whenever possible I’ve been stealing moments to further this project, another little woodland scene.
This one has a dead tree on it, and I’ll be adding mushrooms, grass, and whatever else I can think of. These are a few bolete-style mushrooms ready for painting. Continue reading “Feeling Foresty”
I finished off in just a few days another little test scene. I enjoy creating these little vignettes for their own sake, and I can practice techniques or experiment with ideas I might draw upon when I’m basing a mini in the future.
For this little forest scene I focused upon an idea I had for creating lichen and continued messing around with leaf litter. Continue reading “Lichen It: Another Forest Vignette”
I’ve been making a little scene to practice some scenic elements and attempt to replicate some of the cool stuff my little buddy & I have been finding in the woods lately. I could easily add a figure here, but I don’t plan to. These scenic vignettes are intended as quiet little places to retire to when you can’t get away from your desk.
I have built these little Nature scenes before and always given them away as gifts. I want one for my desk at school, but I also have a recipient in mind. I’ll probably give it away. Continue reading “Forest Scene”
I’ve been working on a grand (by ToadChapel standards) home for the ambitious Herling.
I shall probably need to remove the door (🤞🏻) to properly paint the wood paneling and the goblin head knocker.
The house itself is human-sized, but Herling’s moved in as his political star has risen.
On that narrative point: I haven’t forgotten that I’m overdue for an update. I’m working on it!
I’ve got to get some large, complex terrain done for the development of ToadChapel, and here’s the first of it.
It will be a street setting, primarily to be photographed from the right hand side.
There are lots of funny little cuts in this. Taking a ‘slice’ of the scene means everything has to be crooked in order to look straight. Then, of course, you also want everything to actually be slightly crooked. For instance, the two buildings are not square with one another. This makes it much more difficult, but I tell myself it’s worth it and – if it’s good enough – I only have to do it once! It’s hard work… my fingers are totally covered in superglue!