I finally finished this Dark Angels librarian, whom I started months ago. I’m pleased with how he turned out.
GW clearly wants me to scale up to bigger games with more – and more expensive – models, but I’ve been having too much fun playing Kill Team at 100 points to pay them much mind. I’ve got the models, but not so much the inclination. We’ll see what happens now that I’ve got a commander (though he’s not a primaris… I wanted to field a converted model) and Elites is coming our way.
This fellow was converted from the chassis of the normal (tactical) librarian with some major alterations including two Tempestus Scions arms, a xenophase blade from the Deathwatch sprue, and a Grey Knights head.
You can also see some new pieces in the background. I airbrushed a large batch of stuff last weekend. I’ll have plenty of terrain projects ready to finish for a while!
I’ve finished my combi-plasma sergeant. The truth is most of the kill teams I’ll actually face on a regular basis (Harlequins, T’au, Drukhari) don’t really demand plasma weapons, but I’m ready for those stinking Death Guard if they ever show.
As I have done for most of my Eremoi, I’ve hidden a surprise on his base.
Slaaneshi CSM can’t stand before the wrath of the Dark Angels!
The blood glooping out of the back of the head was sculpted with Greenstuff and painted up with Tamiya Clear Red.
In the never-ending quest for more strength and AP on my Eremoi marines, I’m working on a tactical sergeant toting a combi-plasma.
He’ll probably slot in as a sniper, taking advantage of the bolter shots when double tapping both at rapid fire range. I need to finish him up and add an intercessor sergeant with a chainsword (which I’ve built as part of a combined Dark Angels/Deathwatch group of intercessors) and I’ll be able to field two plasma, a missile launcher, heavy bolter, and auxiliary grenade launcher (so good) in addition to the chainsword sarge. Sounds pretty nasty against MEQs!
Here’s comes a big nasty missile launcher for all my friends- er, enemies.
This is a converted sniper scout packing some major thump. Sometimes the mark of a successful conversion lies in the fact that it doesn’t look converted.
Finally getting around to completing this handsome fellow. Er, this fellow.
Been up a while. Him, not me.
[electric crackling noises]
My sergeant is coming along, a little more slowly now that vacation is over.
He has two additional base colors of green which the other Dark Angels do not. I want those areas out of the light to be very dark, but still fairly green.
Here the reds have been reworked after washing everything, then using washes selectively to exaggerate certain dark areas.
My progress has been a little slower than usual over the last couple of days, but I’ve made a start on this fellow.
He’s fighting me every step of the way. I did a terrible job cleaning him up! I think I must have failed to complete the job, to be honest.
I’m trying to overcome the challenge and get a good result, though, both because he’s an important member of my team (he’ll probably be the default leader) and because I really like the actual conversion.
I’m trying to balance two priorities on this guy. He needs to look cohesive with the group, but I’m also attempting a few subtle changes to the ‘formula‘ that I hope will give him a distinctive look. We’ll see if I can pull it off!
Frequent visitors to the ‘Chap will have noticed that the typical background of monkeys, knickknacks, and a teapot has changed. I’m moved into a new painting & hobby space in my attic. At 6’2″ I need to watch my head in the reading nook but… I have a reading nook! I’ve now got a huge desk, shelf space, and enough distance between me & the rest of the house to jam out pretty hard when the mood strikes. I’m also going to add a small square table that will be perfect for Kill Team, card games, small board games, and whatever else you do with tables.
I’ve still got a lot of organization to do and the cats have to figure out who’s claiming it for him/herself, but it is already much nicer to spend time here than in my previous corner of a laundry room. Laundry’s easier, too!
This is a task/goal I’ve had for months, with nothing really stopping me but my own sloth. Some projects did actually take priority, like Eldritch Elf & Tom’s GK. Had I spent a day or two simply moving into my new space, I could have improved not only my overall productivity and my enjoyment of the hobby. Had I waited until I had finished the ‘next’ project to move, I’d never have gotten up here!