I’ve finished the great little bust from Lukáš Žaba. Lukáš developed an original concept of the character, Bragg the Broken, an impoverished dwarven king. I thought this was a great idea and let it guide some of my painting decisions, so I’m keeping the name in recognition of the influence I felt.Continue reading “Bragg the Broken”
At last her search is over. Granny has found an incredible patch of all sorts of mushrooms! Perfect for her soup!
There are a few poisonous fungi in these woods, but Granny knows what’s good and what’s not.
My plan is to add a few animals to complete the scene, but I’m basically done with this fun project at last. Don’t forget to check out the tutorial on sculpting the mushrooms I have scattered throughout this diorama.
If you’re on Instagram, check me out at:
Two weeks were enough to finish this fun and creativity-inspiring project. I’m a Latin teacher and have studied antiquity for more than half my life, but this is (almost) my first foray into the Roman world as a modeler. It was also my first complex diorama, but it certainly won’t be my last. I’m going to bring this scene into class to share with my students, and I can’t wait to hear what they have to say.
Read on for a peek at all the details and my thoughts on creating this piece.Continue reading “Trouble at the Taberna”
I’ve found time here and there to complete another little vignette. This one features a dead tree, which I haven’t done in a while. As usual, this one is a kind of lesson to be applied in basing minis, as well as a little imaginative refuge in its own right.
The base is 1.5″ square. I like the challenge of telling a story or creating a scene dense in interesting details on a very small scale. Continue reading “Another Base without a Face”
I finished off in just a few days another little test scene. I enjoy creating these little vignettes for their own sake, and I can practice techniques or experiment with ideas I might draw upon when I’m basing a mini in the future.
For this little forest scene I focused upon an idea I had for creating lichen and continued messing around with leaf litter. Continue reading “Lichen It: Another Forest Vignette”
I think I’m going to call this little scene finished.
I experimented with my mushroom building process (that was useful), I tried adding some leaf litter (useful trial, but I’m going to keep working on it), and I failed, in my judgement, with the larger plants. I’ll keep working on that one.￼ Continue reading “Mushroom Preserve”