Inspired perhaps by the great painters who have been hanging around the Chap lately, I got the brushes wet and finished off this Company Veteran toting a combi-flamer this evening.
Kill Team Elites has opened up a ton of new options for (almost) every team, and the Astartes may have gotten more new possibilities than anybody.
This former Tactical Sergeant picked up a pistol (I plan to run it as a plasma pistol, at least for now) by becoming a Company Veteran.
Elites has immediately changed what you can do in a Kill Team roster and team. The Space Marines no longer need to scrimp on the best weapons, as the veterans open up what amounts to unlimited access to special weapons.
Dark Angels did not get the same level of flexibility, as they cannot take Sternguard or Vanguard Vets, but I’ll see what I can do. For fluff reasons, I may move the Eremoi away from the First Legion anyway.
I guess he’s pissed about that pie after all.
This weird looking head, which I got out of the Dark Angels Hellblasters box, has got a really narrow jawline. I couldn’t stand it for a long time, but it was actually pretty fun to paint.
Here he comes, ready for action!
Now that he’s finished, I must say I like him pretty well. Will hates it when I put the auspex on him, so I’m sure he’ll get extra salty when I do it twice. The Emperor annoys!
I managed to wrap this fellow up in two sessions.
I’m eager to try out some Kill Team line-ups with two missile launchers. They’re expensive, so compromises will have to be made, but these ultra-long range heavies pose a major threat to everything on the board from the first turn. Stay tuned for results in upcoming battle reports, and expect my judgement on this strategy in future installments of Command Academy.
I painted this guy for the tabletop, but I always aim for a fairly high standard within those parameters. This one’s not as lovely as most of his peers, but, hey, I got him done quickly!
I’m glad I’m at the limit for this unit, because these snipers are a pain to convert for missile launchers!
I put the face on this guy and he’s all set but the Dullcote.
Like I said before, I wasn’t crazy about the scheme and I’m not 100% on the reivers in general, so I bashed him out quickly. Oddly, given my ambivalence, I’m pretty happy with him; I think it comes down to how quickly I finished him off. Now it’s time to test him in battle!
I finally finished this Dark Angels librarian, whom I started months ago. I’m pleased with how he turned out.
GW clearly wants me to scale up to bigger games with more – and more expensive – models, but I’ve been having too much fun playing Kill Team at 100 points to pay them much mind. I’ve got the models, but not so much the inclination. We’ll see what happens now that I’ve got a commander (though he’s not a primaris… I wanted to field a converted model) and Elites is coming our way.
This fellow was converted from the chassis of the normal (tactical) librarian with some major alterations including two Tempestus Scions arms, a xenophase blade from the Deathwatch sprue, and a Grey Knights head.
You can also see some new pieces in the background. I airbrushed a large batch of stuff last weekend. I’ll have plenty of terrain projects ready to finish for a while!