My progress has been a little slower than usual over the last couple of days, but I’ve made a start on this fellow.
He’s fighting me every step of the way. I did a terrible job cleaning him up! I think I must have failed to complete the job, to be honest.
I’m trying to overcome the challenge and get a good result, though, both because he’s an important member of my team (he’ll probably be the default leader) and because I really like the actual conversion.
I’m trying to balance two priorities on this guy. He needs to look cohesive with the group, but I’m also attempting a few subtle changes to the ‘formula‘ that I hope will give him a distinctive look. We’ll see if I can pull it off!
Frequent visitors to the ‘Chap will have noticed that the typical background of monkeys, knickknacks, and a teapot has changed. I’m moved into a new painting & hobby space in my attic. At 6’2″ I need to watch my head in the reading nook but… I have a reading nook! I’ve now got a huge desk, shelf space, and enough distance between me & the rest of the house to jam out pretty hard when the mood strikes. I’m also going to add a small square table that will be perfect for Kill Team, card games, small board games, and whatever else you do with tables.
I’ve still got a lot of organization to do and the cats have to figure out who’s claiming it for him/herself, but it is already much nicer to spend time here than in my previous corner of a laundry room. Laundry’s easier, too!
This is a task/goal I’ve had for months, with nothing really stopping me but my own sloth. Some projects did actually take priority, like Eldritch Elf & Tom’s GK. But Had I spent a day or two simply moving into my new space, I could have improved not only my overall productivity and my enjoyment of the hobby. Had I waited until I had finished the ‘next’ project to move, I’d never have gotten up here!