Just a touch of structural work here. Soon we’ll tackle the details. Should be pretty quick work.
Create a hole to the size of the door. I just used a razor blade and then dug the foam out with a flat gouge-y tool.
Glue it in with wood glue.
We’re just going to frame it out a little with styrene. The molding on the top was created using the same techniques as that in the door. Sorry I have no pictures of the process, but this was left over from a previous project.
We’ll see if I’ve made the right decision gluing in the plastic before the detailing of the wall surface. I won’t be shocked if it all gets dislodged when I’m making bricks in the foam. Fingers crossed!